TRUBLUE iQ PLUS Auto Belay features catch-and-hold technology, giving climbers the rest they need to finish routes. The new TRUBLUE iQ+ will catch climbers after a fall instead of automatically lowering them to the ground.
The TRUBLUE iQ+ is the biggest advance in auto belay innovation in more than ten years. The iQ+ is the first and only auto belay system to offer cutting-edge features like catch-and-hold technology and IoT compatibility. It is designed for both indoor and outdoor climbing walls.
Introducing the world’s first auto belay with the ability to “take.” The TRUBLUE iQ+ features breakthrough catch-and-hold technology that allows climbers to relax, recuperate, and redo difficult techniques. The TRUBLUE iQ+, which is based on the next-generation iQ platform, combines best-in-class quality and endurance with never-before-seen capabilities. The TRUBLUE iQ PLUS is the most significant advancement in auto belay technology in over a decade.
Every TRUBLUE iQ+, as the premium model in our iQ series, is handcrafted and built to last. The innovative magnetic braking mechanism is frictionless, allowing for high cycle counts with minimal maintenance and internal part wear. The iQ+ is the first and only auto belay device with advanced features including catch-and-hold technology and IoT compatibility, making it ideal for both indoor and outdoor climbing walls.
- Catch-and-Hold Technology: Allows climbers to rest and project routes.
- Built for indoor and outdoor use.
- High cycle count, minimal maintenance, and low cost of ownership.
- Smooth descent: TRUBLUE is the only auto belay to utilize magnetic braking technology. Magnetic braking is extremely reliable (even in wet conditions), friction-free, and self-regulating, providing the same rate of descent regardless of a user’s size or weight.
- Unassisted Ascent: Rather than pulling climbers up the wall, TRUBLUE gives users the most authentic climber feel, giving users the freedom to climb under their own power.
- Improved Durability: The iQ series is equipped with wider webbing, a built-in back bumper, and replaceable mount guard.
- IoT Compatibility: Built-in connectivity for data downloads and performance analytics (software package still to come)
- Meets international safety standards: TRUBLUE is designed for climbers and engineered for safety. We engineered TRUBLUE to meet international safety standards for fall arrest devices.
- Extensive safety testing: For over four years, the TRUBLUE iQ series has undergone extensive safety testing by an ISO 17025 accredited company specializing in product testing.
- Shock Load Certified: TRUBLUE Auto Belays are certified under EN360:2002 to protect against shock loads. In climbing, these can be caused by dynamic movements.
- TÜV SÜD tested to 10x Class A
- Printable wall signage is available for your facility.
Featuring the same magnetic braking climbers love and trust, now more durable and lighter than ever before!
- iQ+: 370 x 280 x 254mm (14.5 x 11 x 10 in)
- iQ+ LT: 19 kg (41.8 lbs)
- iQ+ XL: 22.1 kg (48.7 lbs)
- Climber Weight Range: 10-140 kg (22-309 lbs)
- Maximum Landing Velocity: 2.0 m/s (6.5 ft/s)
- Maximum Mounting Height:
- LT: 12.5 m (41 ft)
- XL: 20 m (65.6ft)
- Minimum Mounting Height:
- LT: 4.5 m (14.8 ft)
- XL: 12 m (39.4 ft)
- Temperature Range:
- Operating: -4°C to 60°C (25°F to 140°F)
- Operating (Dry): -10°C to 60°C (14°F to 140°F)
When it comes to choosing an auto belay for their business, everyday gyms, camps, adventure parks, and more have a few options. We take safety seriously because lives are actually on the line, and we believe you should as well. We have a huge duty as the world leader in vehicle belay production to set the standard for regulation and safety.
- AS/NZS 1891: Industrial fall-arrest systems and devices – Part 3: Fall arrest devices
- CSA Z259.2.3-99: Descent Control Devices
- EN 341: 2011 Class 1A: Personal protective equipment against falls from a height – Descender devices
- RFU PPE-R/11.128:2019: Recommended for Use for descent control devices used in climbing gyms, rope courses. 10x Class A.
- ANSI/ASSE Z359.4: Safety Requirements for Assisted-Rescue and Self-Rescue Systems, Subsystems and Components
- EN 360:2002: Personal protective equipment against falls from a height – Retractable type fall arresters. Section 4.5: Maximum force < 6kN for 150kg capacity
How does Catch-and-hold work?
Climbers activate the Catch-and-Hold belay by pressing the TRUBLUE button at the bottom of the wall. When the climber falls during ascent, TRUBLUE iQ+ will catch-and-hold the climber for up to 30 seconds, during which the climber may proceed at any time. Once at the top, the climber can disengage Catch-and-Hold belay by pressing a secondary TRUBLUE button, allowing the climber to descend safely without pause.
The TRUBLUE iQ+ is a climbing buddy as well as a life safety gear. The iQ+ auto belay, unlike any other, uses catch-and-hold technology to let climbers of all ages and skill levels rest and project routes whenever they want. Now everyone can understand what it’s like to succeed.
With upgraded larger webbing, a removable mount shield, and a built-in back bumper, the TRUBLUE iQ+ makes accommodations for the gym owner of today and is prepared for hard use. Additionally, route designers will value the lighter, more compact form since it makes installation simpler.
Future-focused engineering went into creating the iQ series. The TRUBLUE iQ+ is the world’s smartest auto belay and was built on an IoT platform. Future feature releases, such as data downloads, service reminders, and photo and video capabilities, can all be done directly from your mobile thanks to the built-in connectivity.
Regardless of weight, TRUBLUE magnetic braking technology provides a constant, smooth descent by responding to each climber uniquely. TRUBLUE’s catch has been improved to be more sensitive and quieter during descent, which climbers will appreciate.
Climbers click the TRUBLUE button at the base of the wall to turn on the Catch-and-Hold belay. When a climber falls while ascending, TRUBLUE iQ+ will catch and hold them for up to 30 seconds while allowing them to move forward whenever they want.