The zipSTOP braking system will revolutionize the challenge course industry. The zipSTOP uses a self-regulating magnetic braking system to brake zip line participants safely and comfortably. With the ability to brake participants safely at high velocities, the zipSTOP will fill a critical need for zipline operators.
The zipSTOP IR is best suited for max rider arrival speeds between 24-60 kph (15-37 mph): The zipSTOP Zip Line Brake is the best brake for your zip line. It employs self-regulating eddy current magnetic braking technology to stop zip line riders smoothly, comfortably, and consistently.
What Makes the IR Different From the Standard:
The IR stands for internal reduction. This device cannot be used with an external reduction line setup. It is already engineered as a mechanical 2:1. The benefits of the IR include simpler installation, no external reduction lines (although you will still need a redirection line), and the capacity to handle a wide range of rider arrival speeds with more mounting options (such as the pivot mount).
The assembly includes:
- zipSTOP Zip Line Brake device
- Brake trolley (depending on selection)
- Mounting bracket and hardware
Key zipSTOP IR Benefits:
- Eddy current braking technology adjusts automatically to ensure a smooth rider deceleration.
- Allows for a wide variety of rider weights and speeds.
- Automatically resets after each rider, minimizing human error.
- Helps mitigate risk by removing human error from the rider or guides.
- Low cost of ownership, including an annual recertification at $399 and replacement of sacrificial wear parts.
- Able to withstand outdoor environments and work consistently in any conditions.
- Rated Working Capacity: 15 to 150 kg (33 to 330 lbs)
- Device Weight: 23.5 kg (52 lbs)
- Model Number: ZSIR150-20A
- Rated Working Velocity: 0 to 60 kph (4 to 37 mph) utilizing a direct 1:1 load *
- zipSTOP Installation manual (Apr 2021)
- zipSTOP Operation and Maintenance manual (Apr 2021)
* This device cannot be used with external reduction lines.
- Maximum Line Extension: 20m
Zipstop Annual Service
To maintain your zipSTOP IR Zip Line Brake warranty and ensure compliance with safety standards, all devices must undergo an annual service. Service is an annual process to make sure that your zipSTOP IR is operating properly and any worn parts, like the webbing, are replaced. Servicing your zipSTOP IR on time helps to maintain the warranty and maximize performance. Annual service is also mandatory to ensure compliance with safety standards like CE and ANSI. The zipSTOP IR Annual Service fee is €450,00.
How to select the right zipSTOP Device for your zipline setup
Select device model/reduction ratio which has a maximum device speed higher than the maximum arrival speed in all conditions. Maximum device speed must be sufficiently higher than maximum arrival speed to account for variability and other factors.
- Max Arrival Speed < 36 kph [22 mph] -> zipSTOP 1:1
- Max Arrival Speed < 60 kph [37 mph] -> zipSTOP IR, zipSTOP 2:1
- Max Arrival Speed < 72 kph [45 mph] -> zipSTOP SPEED 2:1
Additional expert Information regarding Zipline technology
Interested to read more about Zipline technology and expert opinions?
- Zip Line Design: Components for a Complete System
- 9 Zipline Mistakes You Don’t Know You’re Making
- Pros and Cons of Different Zip Line Brakes
- Expert Tips for Zip Line Brake Installations
- White Paper on Zipline Emergency Arrest Devices (EAD)
- Does your zip line need an emergency arrest device?
- MAG Brake Trolley, the Magnetic Self-braking Zipline pulley
- The Science of Eddy Current Magnetic Braking
- Why Zip Line Trolley Bearings Matter
- Whitepaper: Zipline Braking Dynamics
- Zip Line Installation: Give them the Best Ride