The zipSTOP braking device will change the challenge course business for the better. The zipSTOP uses a self-regulating magnetic braking technology to safely and gently stop zip line riders. The zipSTOP will meet a vital requirement for zipline operators by allowing riders to safely brake at high speeds.
zipSTOP base unit 6 to 36 kph (4 to 22 mph) zipwire brake: The zipSTOP uses a self-regulating magnetic braking system to brake zip line participants safely and comfortably.
The best brake for your zip line, zipSTOP Zip Line Brake uses self-regulating eddy current magnetic braking technology to brake zip line riders smoothly, comfortably, and consistently.
The assembly includes:
- zipSTOP Zip Line Brake device
- Brake trolley (depending on selection)
- Mounting bracket and hardware
Key zipSTOP Benefits:
- Eddy current braking technology adjusts automatically to ensure a smooth rider deceleration.
- Allows for a wide variety of rider weights and speeds.
- Automatically resets after each rider, minimizing human error.
- Helps mitigate risk by removing human error from the rider or guides.
- Low cost of ownership, including an annual recertification at $399 and replacement of sacrificial wear parts.
- Able to withstand outdoor environments and work consistently in any conditions.
- Rated Working Capacity: 15 to 150 kg (33 to 330 lbs)
- Device Weight: 23.5 kg (52 lbs)
- Model Number: ZS125-08
- Warranty: 1 year
- Rated Working Velocity:
- 0 to 36 kph (4 to 22 mph) utilizing a direct 1:1 load
- 0 to 60 kph (6 to 37 mph) utilizing a 2:1 reduction line*
- zipSTOP Installation manual (Apr 2021)
- zipSTOP Operation and Maintenance manual (Apr 2021)
*Higher rated working velocities require that the zipSTOP device be utilized in conjunction with a reduction line assembly. The specifications noted are valid only when installed as part of that system.
- Maximum Line Extension: 12.5m
Zipstop Annual Service
To maintain your zipSTOP Zip Line Brake warranty and ensure compliance with safety standards, all devices must undergo an annual service. Service is an annual process to make sure that your zipSTOP is operating properly and any worn parts, like the webbing, are replaced. Servicing your zipSTOP on time helps to maintain the warranty and maximize performance. Annual service is also mandatory to ensure compliance with safety standards like CE and ANSI. The zipSTOP Annual Service fee is €450,00.
How to select the right zipSTOP Device for your zipline setup
Select device model/reduction ratio which has a maximum device speed higher than the maximum arrival speed in all conditions. Maximum device speed must be sufficiently higher than maximum arrival speed to account for variability and other factors.
- Max Arrival Speed < 36 kph [22 mph] -> zipSTOP 1:1
- Max Arrival Speed < 60 kph [37 mph] -> zipSTOP IR, zipSTOP 2:1
- Max Arrival Speed < 72 kph [45 mph] -> zipSTOP SPEED 2:1
Expert Information regarding Zipline technology
Interested to read more about Zipline technology and Expert opinions?
- Zip Line Design: Components for a Complete System
- 9 Zipline Mistakes You Don’t Know You’re Making
- Pros and Cons of Different Zip Line Brakes
- Expert Tips for Zip Line Brake Installations
- White Paper on Zipline Emergency Arrest Devices (EAD)
- Does your zip line need an emergency arrest device?
- MAG Brake Trolley, the Magnetic Self-braking Zipline pulley
- The Science of Eddy Current Magnetic Braking
- Why Zip Line Trolley Bearings Matter
- Whitepaper: Zipline Braking Dynamics
- Zip Line Installation: Give them the Best Ride